Latest post

Friday, December 6, 2013

Make a Realistic Water Drops In Photoshop



Photoshop CC tutorial showing how to make realistic-looking water drops. This is an updated version of a tutorial Dolby signs 
The "idea" of creating water drops in Photoshop is as old as Photoshop, itself. There are literally hundreds of water drop Photoshop tutorials who have used the same or similar techniques. This one happens to be a revision of a water drop tutorial that I did literally 2 years ago on an older version of PS.
It's interesting that when I did exactly what you suggested in a few of my early tutorials, numerous Photoshop novices using Macs complained. For me, the rule of thumb is this: As long as most people like what I'm doing, I'm sticking with it.
I showed how to magnify under the droplet in the older tutorial. The reason I didn't include it here is because the magnification effect is too subtle when the droplet is seen from a "bird's eye" view. When the droplet is seen at an angle, the magnification effect is more obvious. The greater the angle, the more magnification occurs. The effect is done by 1) making the leaf layer active, 2) making a selection of the droplet and 3) going to Filter > Distort > Spherize (approx. 60%)  

For More Photoshop Tutorials please Follow on Dolby signs Google Plus
http://dolbydesigns.blogspot.com/  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment